Wednesday, June 13, 2012

It's My Birthday!!!!


We are so darn lucky to live in Sonoma County! There is such abundance here.

Yesterday, Dave and I celebrated my birthday with dinner at Petaluma's Central Market. Have I mentioned what huge fans of Farm to Table restaurants we are?

I had a beautiful duck breast with an asparagus risotto and they made a vegetarian plate for Dave with the most amazing pumpkin hummus!

Everything was exceptionally fresh and delicious. Chef Tony came by and chatted with us briefly to make sure everything was okay. He might have been slightly taken aback by Dave's comment about wanting to smear the hummus all over himself because it was so good. Sorry for the freaky visual, Tony!

This morning we had a great breakfast of roasted local tomatoes, sauteed spinach, roasted potatoes and a lovely local goat cheese.

This evening we will forage at the Wednesday Farmers' Market in Petaluma and then Dave is making me lamb for a "second" birthday dinner.

I am a spoiled rotten woman and I love it!

Thank God for Sonoma County! Our little slice of heaven on earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment